Thursday, February 12, 2009

Vintage and Antique Inspired Creations

I love to use vintage and antique elements in my designs. It is the quality and "patina" that these items have that intrigue me so. I also love to think that I am creating something unique for such a special occasion with these rare materials. Each piece that I make is carefully thought out to make the most of the elements chosen. Here are a few of these for your enjoyment.
Vintage ecru alencon lace trims this silk ring bearer pillow. I paired it with an ivory rose and satin double face ribbons. It measured about 8 inches square.

This is a vintage whitework that is layered over a cream dupioni silk. In the center of the pillow is a faceted mother of pearl bead. I wanted to keep the detail on this pillow simple to showcase the beautiful embroidery.
This is available for sale in my Etsy store. It is Victorian era net lace. I love the raised design and placed it over a taupe sash to bring out the detail.
This antique inspired bloom features hand cut tulle and lace petals. I adore the champagne and crystal detail in the center. It is so romantic and fanciful. This is available for sale here.

No comments: