Saturday, May 23, 2009

ART

This first picture gets very mixed reactions. Some people don't like how the eyes were painted. I adore it and either get a sense that this is a very exuberant young woman who sees the world through a happy sunny day. Or she has been deluded in some way and has a blinding haze over her eyes. I am not sure which but I like the painting because it makes me think about it.


This second piece was found by me in a thrift shop and was drawn with a ballpoint pen. I don't know who did it but it was 8x10 and in a little frame. I think it cost me a whopping $3.00. I inspected this very closely and could not believe that somebody could actually do this! I was wondering is this traced or really drawn by someone? I have since sold it but I wanted to take a picture of it for reference. It is amazing to me no matter what.
This last one is also a thrift shop find. Of course this little fish that was hand molded by some tiny hands tore at my heart strings. His off center bug eyes made me fall in love. How did he come to be donated? What is his story? So I snapped him up and took him home for a photo session. I still have him tucked away somewhere...

No comments: