Monday, May 4, 2009

Artful and Bold

Lately I have felt like I want to create something like I never have before. I don't know how long it will take or what direction it will go. I do know that it will be decadent. I have ordered various supplies to go toward quenching this urge. You would think that with what I do the longing to create would somehow be satisfied. You would think...

Perhaps in myself I have created a monster. When I look at my studio it is packed like a candy store and I am the kid. My various projects in different stages stare back at me. I deem this one worthy and that one not. The ideas in my head flow too fast to remember but that is the way that it has always been. When I settle on a design concept I have to ask myself how to execute it properly and of course it must be perfect.

I have come to want to represent something special in the bridal business. When you hold a piece of art in your hands and you know that it is unique. That is what this new creation will be. An heirloom that can be kept forever as a remembrance. Artful and bold.

No comments: