Sunday, June 28, 2009

DESIGNS IN PROGRESS

Wedding season is in full swing here at Emici Bridal. I have several custom orders that are being finished and I am so honored to be able to work with my clients to create memorable custom pieces for their wedding. I have been sewing and creating for years, changing and expanding my techniques and style. When I think back to when I was a child I remember my mother teaching me to sew using an oversized needle and pieces of felt. She would teach me how to space the stitches evenly, this grew into more complicated work like beading with sequins and glass seed beads. Through the eyes of a child I was bringing to life the most beautiful things the world had ever seen. This was my foundation.

Fast forward to today and it is interesting to look back and see how the past coupled with our personality and interests mold us into what we are. We are such a compilation of factors that create a certain result. Some of these factors are chosen by us and some are not. I like to compare that with design. You work with the materials that you have and you choose how they go together. The possibilities are endless and ever changing, just like us. Our own designs in progress.

No comments: