Wednesday, February 8, 2012

VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT PEEK

mom'speonyweb
Valentine's Day is fast approaching and this year I wanted to show you guys something that I created that I think you may enjoy. This silk chiffon peony has a well kept secret.

You see, Valentine's Day is my mother's favorite holiday. So it is only fitting that I create something special for her. Don't worry, Mom won't know that I am showing you her present before she gets it. Just don't tell her that you saw it first *wink*.

mom'speony3web

The hand pressed silk chiffon peony is actually a clip/brooch combo that detaches from the base stem. This makes is possible to wear in your hair, as a pin, clipped to a hat, anywhere that you wish! I centered this flower with a vintage hand carved mother of pearl disc that is embellished with champagne Swarovski crystals and silver glass seed beads.

Two different colors of silk chiffon combine to add interest. The stem itself has handmade silk velvet leaves and fits beautifully into an antique perfume bottle that I will be using to present this to her. Did you guys create anything for Valentine's Day? I would love to hear about it!

No comments: