Friday, July 13, 2012

CREATING

bouquetallblushleafweb
Silk dupioni and silk taffeta bouquet with hand dyed silk satin hydrangea flowers centered with freshwater pearls. Each flower and silk velvet leaf is hand pressed and assembled in the studio.

Have been running happily wild these days. It is 11:44 at night right now and I have just stopped working in the studio. Sleepiness has caught up with me enough to worry about cutting my lines straight in the fabric but not enough to stop me from writing this post. That is how creating goes I guess. You do what you can, when you can. Most of what I do is really a competition with myself. Will it be good enough? Will this idea come to life the way that I picture it in my head? It's amazing how many variables on design never get to be created at all. Ideas come faster than hands can work or time will give permission to make.

I want to say thank you to everybody who supports what I do by letting me share my work with you. I am continually grateful for this. It is because of you that I get to dream of and do what I love. Thank you.

No comments: