Sunday, March 7, 2010

CUSTOM, NEW AND CONCEPT

I have a great friend who informed me that I don't have enough green in my Etsy store. I assure you this is not on purpose and just to prove it I created this concept ring pillow above using peridot green silk dupioni, peacock feathers, imported satin ribbon and a vintage rhinestone brooch. I'm considering this style with teal silk for my store. Sometimes you just have to throw some exotic punches into the mix to keep the interest alive.

Every once in a while I see something that I HAVE to have. It really isn't that often. Since I have seen so many wonderful materials, I can pass on a lot after I admire it. But really? Just look at that button! By the way, that is saying a lot since the fabric used is nothing to sneer at. Fantastic french silk brocade and imported satin ribbons set the stage for that item of my affection. I know it's not the traditional bridal motif but that is what makes it so great. You can find this one of a kind ring bearer pillow by clicking here.
If you happened to see this blog post you know how much I love griffins and architecture. So here is my maiden offering of a griffin ring pillow.

I am so busy lately that it is terribly difficult to get all the new items I want in the store. Believe it or not, this pillow has been sitting in the production line for about 4 months. Just waiting for me to dream up the finishing touches and mate the materials. I found the perfect vintage rhinestone button, settled on surface ring ribbons and went with it! Click here for more information.


Just a quick snapshot of a custom order that I recently finished. Ivory silk dupioni pillow with champagne silk dupioni ribbon and a Swarovski crystal and pearl jeweled rose.



All black rose hair clip in silk taffeta. Dark, dramatic and still simple. Custom order.



Not so simple but devinely decadent. Silk chiffon flower layered with pink silk dupioni and beaded with rhinestones, crystals and freshwater pearls. Like strawberries and cream without the guilt. Indulge with me won't you?

No comments: