Thursday, August 11, 2011

WISH UPON A WEDDING

I was in the Phoenix airport when I received an email on my phone about the wedding of Jon and Alyssa. My mind was preoccupied with all the details of my day that seemed important at the time such as making my flight, managing my carry on coupled with my drink and so on. The email was unexpected at that moment, as I sat waiting for the plane to board I opened it and began to look at the photos. Pulling the images up on the little screen I held almost immediately my eyes became swollen with tears and contrasting emotions ran over me. Happy that I could be a very small part of some magically amazing team effort and utter heartbreak for the reason why charity like this must exist at all. Yet it must and it's so important.


jon&alyssa6


Wish Upon a Wedding is a charity that grants wedding wishes to couples who are facing a terminal illness or serious life changing circumstances. They organize and provide beautiful weddings to these couples who would not otherwise be able to have them due to the circumstances they are in. Vendors donate product or services. There are other ways to help too so please check them out.


jon&alyssa7




In 2009 Jon was diagnosed with brain cancer and after several treatments and surgeries the cancer has remained persistent. There are few things as devastating as cancer and also few things as wonderful and triumphant as love and support. Let's celebrate the love of this couple together. I think it is the best thing that we can do to honor love and the radiant beauty it provides.



0493





jon&alyssa





jon&alyssa2





0397





jon&alyssa3





jon&alyssa8





jon&alyssa9





jon&alyssa10





jon&alyssa5


My favorite photo of them all! There are so many more amazing images of this wedding on Corey Ann Photography's blog. Please check them out! She also had the help of Nicole from Simply Told Photography to capture all the special moments and assistance by Heidi of Heidzillas.

Here is a list of all the other great vendors who worked so hard to put this together. Cake The West Side Bakery, catering Spice of Life, ceremony music Arion String Ensembles, dance floor National Party Rental, DJ The DJ Crew, favors Drummond Chocolates, flowers Lynda Loren Floral Design, hair by Tiffany Ford of Dino Palmieri Salon, hotel Wyndham Hotel, lighting Vincent, linens L'nique Linens, makeup Kajal by Kimberly, officiant was Bob with Our Wedding Officiant, rentals Event Source and Lasting Impressions, stationery Pink Hearts Paperie, transportation A1 Mr. Limo, valet MVP Services LLC, veil/accessories Christina Garcia Accessories of Distinction, venue Glidden House, videography/photo booth Moonstruck Productions, wedding planning At Last Events, wine Colonial Beverage.

1 comment:

Alicia@CharityWedding said...

This is amazingly touching! It was so great of you to get involved. The photos brought tears to my eyes!