Monday, December 10, 2012

THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN ALL THE LAND

nyc
Sometimes I think that I may be the luckiest girl in all the land. Oh all right, maybe not THE luckiest but certainly lucky at times. Such as when I make that red light, the fact that I get to design for a living (how awesome is that?!) or that time recently when I was able to go to NY Bridal Market!! So just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip. Here on Manhattan Isle.

cennamo4
I am dedicating this entire post as a love note to one designer, that for me, made my mind completely melt over trying to take in every last detail. Mr. Rafael Cennamo. Let me put it to you this way. Picture a large candle that has been burning for a while, that ever growing pool of melted wax created by the flame has warmed the outer walls of the candle just enough where you can reach out and cave it in? That was my brain after immersing myself in what I am about to show you.

cennamo3
Right as I walked through the front doors to Bridal Market this greeted me. I stopped to admire this dress as it was just the sort of thing I had come to Bridal Market to see. It was bold and so wonderfully constructed. Things were looking good for lil' o Marie. Very good indeed.

cennamo2
It was not until hours later that I happened upon the booth that housed these dreams made reality. The layers of blush ruffled confections shown above were enough for me to want to stop and burrow into this gown and make a permanent nest. I have practice at this after all. I am sure everybody would understand to now send my correspondence to the insanely gorgeous hand pleated silk ruffle abode that I would now occupy. Which by the way, would probably have been a wonderful new home since the staff at Rafael Cennamo's booth were positively some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to meet. Not just saying that either. If the purpose of Bridal Market was to audition for the title of Best Hosts Ever they would have a strong lead.

cennamo6
The beads on this dress, if placed end to end, would reach to the moon with enough to spare that you could fashion yourself the most glamorously beaded glove to smack yourself back to your senses. Not that you would want to. I know I certainly would just be happy to stay on the moon in my dreamland heavily beaded dress.

cennamo7
That's right friends, don't adjust your screens. There are beads inside the net layers as well. I love it when designers do this. This is just the sort of added detail that captures my fascination. An above and beyond that takes clothing all the way to art.

cennamo5
Illusion back on this gown. It conjures emotions in me, serious deep "I love you" emotions. Is it normal to feel emotion for a dress? For me it is, so yes.

cennamo10

cennamo9
Close up of bust detail on another mind bending frock. 

Another reason that I am the luckiest girl in all the land are my friends, like the wonderful, funny, ultra cool friend Alison who is the Knotty Bride. She graciously put me in her pocket for a couple days while I was in New York. More on that later, soooo fun. This made it possible for me to attend few shows such as the Spotlight on Couture fashion show at the end of Bridal Market where I put my press hat on for her and snapped this photo. This was quickly deemed my favorite taken at the event. This was the portion of the fashion show where Rafael Cennamo was showing off pieces in his collection. So Mr. Cennamo, I love your work. Thank you for dazzling me while I was there.

More to come about my trip to Bridal Market. I have some other fun things to share with you guys! Alison is all finished with her coverage so now I know whatever I share with you is green light and go. Full speed ahead.

What do you guys think? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!

No comments: